2012-12-03 18:00:00 | Okategoriserat
- The league leaders HV71 fell into a bit of a slump this week as the got shutout in games against Luleå and Växjö, with their only win coming via a penalty shootout against AIK. Whilst one sub-par week isn’t going to mean the end of their season they will have to pick up their play and consistently beat the leagues bottom dwellers if they’re going to maintain their hold on the top spot.
- Luleå managed to record two shutouts in the week with Johan Gustafsson
being in net for both. However, for Saturday’s game against Timrå, Gutafsson was replaced by David Rautio and Luleå payed the price as they lost in the shootout. The teams recent strong play has seen them overtake Skellefteå for second in the table and maintain the second best goal difference in the league.
- Once again Rögle haven’t managed to pick up a win this week dropping
games against both Färjestad and Linköping, only scoring one goal in each
game whilst conceding a total of ten, highlighting the fact that the team has trouble at both ends of the ice. Monday night sees Rögle take on Timrå on home ice and the team will be eager to pick up a win after four consecutive losses.
Växjö Lakers vs HV71. Photo: Henrik Johansson, Pic-Agency.com
- Växjö’s win over HV71 in the Smålands derby is the sixth time that the team has been victors out of eight Elitserien meetings between the two sides. Looks like HV71 have found their bogey team so to speak.
- The table remains relativly unchanged from last week with only Luleå rising to second and dropping Skellefteå to third.
- Skellefteå remain the leagues best powerplay teamwith a 21.37% conversion
rate whilst Växjö are still the leagues worst at scoring with and extra skater at only 11.46%.